Sunday, October 31, 2010

Who Are You And What Are You Doing To My Holidays?

So, someone decided Halloween was Saturday, in the south.

I'm serious. Apparently Jesus is too good for Halloween.

Well, I have news for you, The South:

His insides were pie'd for your sins.
Jesus loves Halloween.

 It's religious, anyway! You dressed in costumes to scare away the devils, demons, goblins and ghouls. What could be more holy than scaring away everything that is, by definition, unholy? Is it okay to scare away those you see as evil with your shotguns and your vicious treatment, but not with costumes?

My Jason mentioned something about a parish nearby that made it illegal for people to trick-or-treat on Sunday. That you could be fined, or thrown in jail. What makes that okay?

Holidays have dates! We've celebrated them on those dates for years! It's ridiculous to just randomly decide to change it for reasons you don't really understand. I guess I kind of want to hear comments on this one, you guys. What makes Halloween unholy? It's original meaning has been so butchered anyway it's not like it means anything but 'give us candy, we're wearing costumes'. It shouldn't be a problem, unless God hates costumes and candy, in which case I'm doomed, being an actor with a sweet tooth.

2 comments:

  1. I mean, other places, yeah, but I mean, we've done it on Saturday if it's actually on Sunday for years. We live in the bible belt, dear.

    But it is kind of convenient because then you don't have your doorbell ringing at ungodly hours on Sunday night pre-school.

    I guess I just don't find it weird because I've always been here.

    (Btw, dressing up may have started to scare demons,but technically Halloween started as a Pagan holiday, so that argument is irrelevant....Just sayin'...Love you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but Easter started as a pagan holiday, too. So that's also a little bit irrelevant.

    ReplyDelete