Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Words That Need to Be Real

Intendre. Noun. A phrase that implies a second meaning that the speaker purposefully left ambiguous; Intended double entendre. "That's what she said! Wow, you look stupid! That joke was totally at your expense!" "No, guys, it was an intendre." "Ohhh. Good one, dude!"


Hummersexual. Noun. A person who is obsessed with large automobiles to an almost relationship-worthy extent. "I tried to get a date with Steven, but he spent the whole night working on his car; He must be a hummersexual!"


Rasystem (Prounced Ray-sis-tehm). Noun. A governing body that discriminates against a minority. "I've been brought down by the rasystem ever since I was born!"


I've been accused of being a hipster by many, many people. I've also been accused of being a ginger, but that's definitely not true. I don't really think I'm a hipster, but I suppose I can see where people got this idea. I do like bright colors and the occasional Native American motif. I also like skinny jeans, but I don't think that means hipster-- skinny jeans apply to many, many social groups. I suppose I'm putting the nail in the coffin by having a blog, though.

Does this blog make me look hipster?

2 comments:

  1. You're missing the facial hair, sorry to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not a hipster.

    Believe me. I would let you know if you were.

    ReplyDelete